Deadline: April 26, 2020
The Principal and Fellows of St Hugh’s College are pleased to welcome applications for the 2020/2021 Belcher Visiting Fellowships in Victorian Studies. This non-stipendiary Fellowship was established through an inheritance left to the College by the famous Pugin scholar, Dr Margaret Belcher, who read English at St Hugh’s in the late 1950s.
The basic role of the Visiting Fellowship is research; while assessing applications, the inclination will be given to those candidates proposing to use the Visiting Fellowship to pursue a specific research venture in Oxford.
The Belcher Visiting Fellowship in Victorian
Studies is a fixed-term position and will be offered for a period no more
then twelve months; it is normal that the post would be held by an academic
on paid research leave from another institution.
For a year’s arrangement, the Belcher Visiting Fellow will get
- A subsistence recompense of up to £16,000;
- Research expenses (at present up to £1,665);
- Movement expenses up to £4,000;
- Travel expenses up to £3,000;
- As well as a stipend of up to £2,000 to encourage academic events in College during the Fellowship. The expense allowances would be made accessible ace rata for those taking the post for less than three terms.
- The Fellow will have an office and eating rights in College and will be supported by an extra subsistence remittance, and movement and research expenses.
- Open to academics from any discipline, who have acquired their doctorate, and are working in the field of Victorian Studies.
- It is foreseen that the Visiting Fellow’s zone of interest will be identified with the Victorian period or its heritage in Britain and the more extensive world – as opposed to in facets of the nineteenth century, without reference to the Victorian time.
Applications should be as a single PDF comprising:
A covering letter, including proposed dates of residency
A full educational program vitae, including head publications
A proposal for the Visiting Fellowship (not more than one A4 side)
The details of two referees
Applications should be sent by email to the Academic Administrator, Miss Adams through email@example.com, by Noon on Sunday, 26 April 2020.
VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO